Get the Most Out of Your MBA with On-the-Job Learning
Exploring co-op and experiential education opportunities at Brock University's Goodman School of Business
If you're considering completing an MBA degree with an opportunity to gain valuable work and hands-on learning experience, consider the globally ranked MBA program at Goodman School of Business. You can enter the MBA program directly after completing your undergraduate degree in the heart of the Niagara region. At Brock University, you'll experience a welcoming community, supportive faculty, and extensive career guidance from our team of experts.
Goodman MBA program at a glance
Here's a quick look at Goodman's MBA program:
Program duration / entry points
- Full-time MBA: One to two years, January (Winter term) and September (Fall term)
- Part-time MBA: Four years, January (Winter term), April/May (Spring term) and September (Fall term)
- Students who have completed courses equivalent to those in the first year of the MBA program as part of an undergraduate Canadian or U.S. degree (within the last seven years) may be granted advanced standing for up to 10 MBA courses
- All advanced standing is evaluated on a course-by-course basis. Eligible courses must be taken in Canada or the USA with no grade less than 70%/B-/2.7
- If you're awarded full advanced standing, you could complete the MBA program in as few as eight months studying full-time. Part-time students are also eligible for advanced standing
Double degree (Full-time)
Experiential education and co-op
Stand out from the competition throughout your job search.
At Goodman, you'll gain practical experience by applying the skills and knowledge you learn from course content to projects with community partners. You'll earn course credit, while building your resumé and helping local organizations.
Whether or not you choose the co-op option, you can be secure in the knowledge that our co-op program is one of the largest in Canada. With a high placement rate, you'll be able to explore career possibilities, discover your interests and develop key industry contacts. Co-op is a paid work placement.
Career ready: Syed Zarif Samdani
MBA (ISP) '20
Syed Zarif Samdani, a marketing specialist at Giatec, earned his MBA at Goodman School of Business in 2020. Below he highlights his experience in one of our experiential courses: Internet and Social Media Marketing.
"Through the service-learning project we gathered industry experience where we applied our basic understanding of Google ads and Facebook advertisements. On the other hand, the Mimic Pro simulation helped us to apply our knowledge on SEO (search engine optimization) in real time.
"In the end, due to this course, I was able to add to my knowledge in my resumé which helped me to gain a full-time digital marketing co-op position in Giatec Scientific as a content marketing specialist. I highly recommend this course for future students at Brock University.
For more information about how the MBA program at Brock University can help prepare you for your future career goals, explore our program page.
Explore programs at the Goodman School of Business