What is a Microcredential?
Microcredential: macro potential.
You may have noticed a new kind of credential being shared by connections on your LinkedIn lately. Something new, with an exciting, specialized skill set — a microcredential! You might have wondered, what is a microcredential?
Boost your resumé with a microcredential
Are you short on time but interested in furthering your education and skills? Then microcredentials are the perfect solution for you. Microcredentials are designed as short-term courses focused on enhancing the skills needed to grow your career. They are also a great way to learn something new and add onto credentials you may already have.
Key features of microcredentials
If you’re interested in a microcredential, it’s important to know some its key features.
- Short in duration - learn a new skill in just a few hours or weeks.
- Customizable - select only what you want to learn, with no requirement to commit to a long program or take additional courses you may not be interested in.
- Stackable - take multiple microcredentials and stack them to gain expertise in a specific skill area.
- Sharable - share digital badges on your social media profiles and resumé.
- Developed for industry demand - microcredentials are offered in topic areas where there is great industry demand, so you can learn specialized skills that will help you stand out.
- Verified - digital badges are recognized credentials offered by trusted, reputable post-secondary institutions.
Simply put, microcredentials are a fast, flexible way to keep your learning continuous and your skills current so you can achieve your career goals and grow professionally.
Learn more about Fanshawe College
account_balanceMore About This School