Capilano Honours 26 CCAA National Scholar Student-Athletes
Every year, more than 120 athletes compete for the University's teams, the Blues.
Capilano University has six varsity teams — men's and women's soccer, men's and women's basketball and men's and women's volleyball. This means there are more than 120 student-athletes studying and competing every year for the University's teams, the Blues.
Blues teams compete against other school teams in a regional conference called the PACWEST. This conference is part of a national governing body called the Canadian Collegiate Athletic Association (CCAA).
CCA National Scholars
Each year, the CCAA recognizes National Scholars from member institutions across the country. Each school calculates every student-athlete's grade-point average and those that achieve honours standing (a GPA of 3.50 or better) over the Fall and Spring semester are recognized as CCAA National Scholars.
For the 2019-20 season, 26 Capilano University student-athletes achieved — the most of any PACWEST school.
Of the six Blues teams, five had representatives on the list. Blues women's soccer led the way with 11 individuals earning recognition.
Here are the Blues' CCAA National Scholars:
- Alanya Davignon, Liberal Studies
- Simrat Dosanjh, Human Kinetics
- Jenelle McComb, Communications
- Georgia Nelson, Human Kinetics
- Camie Ward, Communications
- Alyssa Cox, Human Kinetics
- Brooklynn Doucette, Communications
- Alanah Dulong, Business Administration
- Michaela Filippelli, Rehabilitation
- Aynsley Hurtado, Business Administration
- Natalie LeClerc, Business Administration
- Jamie MacCara, Business Administration
- Keira Martin, Acting for Stage and Screen
- Darian Roussy, Acting for Stage and Screen
- Jessika Thaler, Business Administration
- Mehar Waraich, Business Administration
- Vanesa Gatto, Arts & Sciences
- Eva Nagata, Business Administration
- Hannah Shelemey, Arts & Sciences
- Stephanie Sung, Business Administration
- Cate Sykes, Arts & Sciences
- Enis Besirevic, Business Administration
- Markus Bratsberg, Human Kinetics
- Adam Kartusch, Human Kinetics
- Jeremy Monn-Djasngar, Arts & Sciences
- Sam Peters, Arts & Sciences
Join us in congratulating these incredible student-athletes!
Learn more about the CCAA National Scholars
account_balanceMore About This School