Scholarship Options for International Students
Financial assistance options for international students at York University
As a future international student, it is never too early to start planning your university finances. York University is proud to offer entrance scholarships and awards to help international students with the costs of studying abroad, such as tuition, books and living expenses. Check out the scholarships and awards that are available below:
Application-Based Scholarships and Awards
To be considered for these scholarships and awards, you need to submit an online form called the International Student Scholarship & Award Application. The top scholarships are limited, and it’s a very competitive process, but we encourage students with strong grades (“A” average or equivalent) and who demonstrate leadership through community service or excellence in the arts or sport to apply. The application-based scholarships and awards include:
International Entrance Scholarship of Distinction
Automatic Scholarships and Awards
- Three (3) are awarded per year, valued at $35,000/year. It is renewable for an additional three years of full-time undergraduate study if the student maintains high academic standing each year, bringing it to a total of $140,000 over four years.
Global Leader of Tomorrow Award for International Students
- Two (2) are awarded per year, valued at $20,000/year. It is renewable for an additional three years of full-time undergraduate study if the student maintains high academic standing each year, bringing it to a total of $80,000 over four years.
International Circle of Scholar’s Scholarship
- One (1) is awarded per year, valued at $15,000. It is for $15,000 towards a student’s first year of study.
York University Academic Excellence Scholarships for International Students
- Five (5) to 10 are awarded per year, valued at $5,000 to $10,000. It is for $5,000 to $10,000 towards a student’s first year of study.
York Science Scholars Award
- Awarded to 25 applicants who are admitted to the Faculty of Science. It is worth $10,000, with $5,000 going towards paid research experience.
For these scholarships and awards, you’ll automatically be considered if you are eligible, and no application is required:
York University Automatic Entrance Scholarship
- International applicants studying the Canadian curriculum at a secondary school within or outside of Canada are eligible for these scholarships. You can find out what funds you are eligible for, based on your average, on our Scholarships and Financial Aid website.
Student Life Award
- Students who qualify for the York University Automatic Entrance Scholarship and accept their offer of admission by the date indicated in their Offer Letter will also qualify for the Student Life Award valued at $500 (one time only for all). This unique award is designed to help students with the cost of books, eating on campus, etc. and will be applied to their YU Card.
York University Talent Entrance Scholarships
- These $1,000 scholarships are awarded based on evaluation for an Arts, Media, Performance and Design (AMPD) program.
Lassonde Entrance Scholarships
- These $2,000 scholarships are awarded based on evaluation for any program at the Lassonde School of Engineering.
Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies (LA&PS) International Student Entrance Scholarships
- These $1,000-$3,000 scholarships are awarded based on evaluation for any Liberal Arts and Professional Studies (LA&PS) Program.
The Faculty of Science Entrance Scholarship
- These $2,000 scholarships are awarded based on evaluation for any Science Studies
Making plans to finance your education can be challenging, but we’re here to help! To learn more about scholarships, awards and financial aid at York University, visit our Future Students Scholarship & Tuition website. We look forward to seeing you on campus next year!
account_balanceMore About This School