Public Relations Consultants

(NOC 5124)


You usually need a university degree or college diploma in public relations, communications, journalism or a field related to a particular subject.

To be a public relations practitioner, you may need an APR (Accredited in Public Relations) designation.

With additional training and experience, you may move up the ranks to become a manager in public relations, fundraising or communications.

Most recent entrants have an undergraduate university degree, and almost 1 in 10 has a graduate degree.

Degrees Associated with This Career


Useful Experience/Skills

Current affairs

Useful Secondary School Subjects

English (Communication)
Computer-related courses
Social Studies

Algonquin College
Ottawa, Ontario, CA

Related Program(s):
Public Relations Diploma
Request Info
University of Regina
Regina, Saskatchewan, CA

Related Program(s):
Certificate in Public Relations Certificate
Request Info
Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning
Toronto, Ontario, CA

Related Program(s):
Public Relations Diploma; Co-op; Advanced
Request Info
Vancouver Island University
Nanaimo, British Columbia, CA

Related Program(s):
Event Management Certificate; Online
Request Info
University of Lincoln
Lincoln, England, GB

Related Program(s):
Public Relations Bachelor; Honours
Request Info
view all
Modified on May 20, 2012