|Providing insight into the human body: using diagnostic procedures, build your career as a member of a healthcare team.
This three-year Ontario College Advanced Diploma program, accredited by the Accreditation Canada Accreditation Canada EQUAL™. The program prepares you with the knowledge and technical skills required to produce diagnostic images and carry out diagnostic procedures in the role of a Medical Radiation Technologist. These skills are outlined by the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists Radiological Technology competency profile. Working independently, and in collaboration with healthcare team members, Medical Radiation Technologists analyze a variety of complex diagnostic images to assist physicians in the diagnosis and management of multiple system disorders.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Applicants are required to have:
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Foundations for College Mathematics (MAP4C)
- Grade11 Physics
- Grade11 Biology or Grade11 Chemistry
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent. Applicants with an OSSD showing senior English and/or Mathematics courses at the Basic Level, or with Workplace or Open courses, will be tested to determine their eligibility for admission; OR
- Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) certificate; OR
- General Educational Development (GED) certificate; OR
- Mature Student status (19 years of age or older and without a high school diploma at the start of the program). Eligibility may be determined by academic achievement testing for which a fee of $50 (subject to change) will be charged.
Applicants must also have English Grade 12 (ENG4C or equivalent) 65% or higher, Mathematics Grade 12 (MAP4C or equivalent) with a grade of 65% or higher, Physics Grade 11 or 12 with a grade of 65% or higher; AND Biology Grade 11 or 12 with a grade of 65% or higher; OR Chemistry Grade 11 or 12 with a grade of 65% or higher.
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 88]
|Application Notes : ||International applicants must have an IELTS-International English Language Testing Service (Academic) Overall band of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each band; OR TOEFL-Internet-based (iBT)-overall 88, with a minimum of 22 in each component: Reading 22; Listening 22; Speaking 22; Writing 22.
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
All applicants must complete an assessment of their knowledge and skills through the Test Centre, and pay an exam fee. Results from the Algonquin College Health Program Admissions Test (AC-HPAT) will be utilized to establish minimum eligibility and applicant ranking. The AC-HPAT can only be written once per academic cycle. For further information on the HPAT and how to book your assessment, please visit Algonquin`s Test Centre.
For more information on requirements, visit on the Algonquin College website.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.