Ontario students must complete an Ontario Secondary School Diploma. They must complete six Grade 12 U and/or M level courses, including ENG4U. They must also complete all required prerequisites and achieve an admission average as specified by the programs at Western.
International Baccalaureate (IB)
If you are registered in the full International Baccalaureate program, Western will consider you for admission if you possess the following minimum requirements:
1. Completion of the entire Diploma including the Theory of Knowledge and Extended Essay
2. Passes in a minimum of 6 subjects of which 3 must be at the Higher Level
3. A minimum grade total of 28 including points awarded for the Extended Essay and Theory of Knowledge
4. No mark less than 4 on any individual course
5. Prerequisites for your program as specified by Western
Students in the full IB diploma program may be considered for conditional admission on the basis of predicted grades in the final year of the program.
IB applicants who have successfully completed the IB diploma, meet Western’s admission criteria, and achieve a score of five or better in higher level exams are eligible for transfer credit consideration for each higher level subject.
Online applications are available at the Ontario Universities' Application Centre's Web site: www.ouac.on.ca.
For undergraduate admission information, please contact:
Office of the Registrar - Undergraduate Recruitment and Admissions
Western Student Services Building, 3rd Floor
London, Ontario, Canada N6A 3K7