Preference will be given to students who have good grades in their home countries and are passing their English courses. All applicants are asked to provide copies of high school transcripts, a completed personal profile, and a letter of reference from an English teacher or school official recommending them for acceptance into the program. It will tell us that they have the potential to adapt to living and learning in a culturally different environment. We look as much for a strong motivation to adapt and learn with strong work habits as we look for high grades.
1. The student or family (S/F): Mail or fax completed application form, transcripts for current and previous two years, letter of reference, and personal profile.
2. Saskatoon Public School (SPS): Assess application, give conditional letter of acceptance, and provide statement of fees to be paid and bank account number for electronic transfer of funds.
3. (S/F): Confirm intention to register and send required fees.
4. (SPS): Send out formal letter of acceptance (and custodianship documents if under 18.)
5. (S/F): Apply for study permit. Notify SPS when study permit is obtained and when travel arrangements have been finalized.
6. (SPS): Formalize student's program of courses and select homestay family.
7. (S/F): Travel to Saskatoon bringing signed custodianship authorization document (if under 18) and originals of school transcripts.
8. (SPS): Pick up student at airport, settle student with homestay family, assist student with orientation in the school, conduct English assessment, and finalize student's ESL and academic program.