Applicants must hold or obtain the following minimum qualifications to be admitted to the Faculty of Graduate Studies:
GPA: Minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 point system
- A four-year baccalaureate degree or its equivalent is required for a master’s program
- A master’s degree in most cases is required for admission to a doctoral program
English language: If your first language is not English, you may fulfill the language proficiency requirement in one of the following ways:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 86 with no section less than 20 (Internet-based) or 560 (paper-based).
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.5 with no section less than 6.0 (Academic version).
- Michigan English Language Battery (MELAB) score of 80, or higher.
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) score of 59, or higher (Academic version).
- By successfully completing Tier 3 of the University of Calgary's International Foundations Program.
Graduate program endorsement:
Each graduate program recommends the admission of an applicant to the Faculty of Graduate Studies based on departmental considerations.
Please review the admission requirements for the program you are interested in applying to : https://www.ucalgary.ca/future-students/graduate/explore-programs
When you are ready to apply to a program please visit: https://www.ucalgary.ca/future-students/graduate/apply