|Students following the therapeutic recreation (TR) pathway can complete the courses necessary for eligibility for certification as a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist with the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification. Graduates from therapeutic recreation can secure employment in a variety of clinical settings including rehabilitation, pediatrics, mental health, addiction, and long-term care. Additionally, the TR pathway can be used as preparation for further education in other allied health disciplines.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
You may apply for admission into the School of Human Kinetics and Recreation directly from high school by indicating your desired degree option in the appropriate place on the undergraduate application for admission. Direct entry into the program from high school is competitive for a limited number of placements and is subject to meeting the general admission requirements for Memorial University. Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee your acceptance into the program.
- Data Management or Calculus and Vectors or Advanced Functions
- Biology or Chemistry or Physics or Earth and Space Science
- International Languages or Social Science
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 50-60] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 79] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 58]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.