Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
Human Kinetics and Recreation - Health promotion pathway
|School:||Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|Faculty:||School of Human Kinetics and Recreation
|Field of Study:||Kinesiology and Exercise Science
Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies
Health and Wellness, General
|Description:||Physical activity is now understood to be a preventive and rehabilitative strategy and a critical aspect of promoting lifelong health and wellness. The health promotion pathway focuses on the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and behaviours that promote lifestyles involving quality daily physical activity among diverse individuals in the community.
|URL:||Human Kinetics and Recreation - Health promotion pathway at Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
|Cost per year:*||
Cost shown is for two semesters of undergraduate study in the 2018 - 2019 academic year.
|Careers:||Recreation and Sports ManagersKinesiologists||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Data Management or Advanced Functions or Calculus and Vectors
- Biology or Chemistry or Physics or Earth and Space Science
- International Languages or Social Science
In addition to the general academic requirements, students applying must have completed a grade 12 level laboratory science and mathematics with a final mark of 70 per cent or greater.
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 50-60] or Cambridge English for Speakers of Other Languages: Certificate in Advanced English [min. 176] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 79] or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery [min. 85]
|Additional Admission Requirements:||Students may apply for admission into the School of Human Kinetics and Recreation directly from high school or transfer following completion of some post-secondary by indicating their desired degree option in the appropriate place on the University Application for Admission/Readmission. The application and supporting documentation is required by the March 1 deadline. Direct entry into the program from high school is competitive for a limited number of placements and is subject to the applicant meeting the general admission requirements for Memorial University. Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee a student’s acceptance into the program. The program begins in September each year.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.