|Explore the modern applications of bio-molecular research in anthropology, chemistry, biology, and physics as a student of Applied Life Sciences. This interdisciplinary program focuses on the study of living organisms at the bio-molecular or cellular level, and the human manipulation of molecular biological processes, with hands-on learning through laboratory courses, research opportunities, and internships. You will acquire skills in cutting-edge molecular biology, biotechnology, and diagnostic methods in our world-renowned labs.
The Applied Life Sciences major can include a concentration in Biomedical Sciences, as well as specializations in Biotechnology or Experimental Life Sciences. A combined degree-diploma program offered in partnership with Georgian College is another option that will allow you to graduate with both an Honours Bachelor of Science in Applied Life Science degree and a Biotechnology-Health diploma.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70 to 100
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Completion of the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent high school diploma; Gr. 12 U English and 5 additional Gr. 12 U or M credits (including prerequisite courses). A minimum 70% overall final average. Admission averages are calculated using the top 6 Grade 12 U or M courses.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Advanced Functions
- 2 of Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Calculus and Vectors or Grade12 Mathematics of Data Management or Grade12 Earth and Space Science or Grade12 Physics
Program Specific Prerequisites: English (ENG4U), Advanced Functions (MHF4U), 2 from: Biology (SBI4U), Calculus & Vectors (MCV4U), Chemistry (SCH4U), Data Management (MDM4U), Earth & Space Science (SES4U), or Physics (SPH4U) and 2 additional grade 12 U/M credits.
For more information, please visit: lakeheadu.ca/admissions.
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 60] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 85] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Computer Based) [min. 213]
|Application Notes : ||For a full listing of English Language Proficiency Requirements and accepted tests with minimum scores, please visit:
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.