|Faculty:||Faculty of Science
|Field of Study:||Psychology, Other
|Description:||Our Honours B.A.Sc. in Human Behaviour offers a combination of breadth and depth of education in how behaviour works at the individual and societal level. Students completing this program will be well equipped to enter any work environment that requires understanding the determinants of human behaviour – the social influences on behaviour; the basic neuroscience underlying behaviour; the stages of language development; and the stages of early development and their impact on human behaviour. The generalist stream of the Honours B.A.Sc. program gives students substantial flexibility to customize their degree to focus on subspecialty areas of their choice. Capstone experiences focus on science literacy and science communication to a broader audience. The generalist stream is an excellent preparatory degree for a range of other applied certificate/diploma training, and in itself offers a more applied versus research-focused background than the Honours PNB degree.
|URL:||Human Behaviour at McMaster University
|Cost per year:*||
Cost per year is based on 30 units, and includes the cost of tuition and mandatory supplementary fees.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||87 to 90
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Advanced Functions or Grade12 Calculus and Vectors
- Grade12 Calculus and Vectors or Grade12 Advanced Functions or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Physics
- Grade12 Biology
At McMaster University, students normally complete a gateway Level I (first year) program and then select a specific discipline program as they enter Level II (second year). Students interested in the Honours B.A.Sc. in Human Behaviour program usually apply to Life Sciences I as their first year gateway programs. Applications to first year are made through the Ontario University Application Centre (OUAC).
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery [min. 85] or Cambridge English for Speakers of Other Languages: Certificate in Advanced English [min. 176] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 70] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 86]
Students who have been asked to meet McMaster's English Language Proficiency requirement must demonstrate English language proficiency by achieving the minimum requirements as specified by McMaster: IELTS: 6.5, CAE: 190, PTE: 60, CAEL: 70, MELAB: 85, TOEFL (iBT): 86
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.