|Explore the processing and product development of safe and healthy foods, and fill the gap between the production of farm goods and the year round delivery of food products to the global consumer. Apply your skills learned in chemistry, processing, microbiology, quality assurance and sensory evaluation to the development of a food product from idea generation right through to product marketing. To become a Registered Dietitian, please see B.A.Sc. Applied Human Nutrition.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||78 to 84
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Applicants are required to have English (ENG4U), Advanced Functions (MHF4U), 2 courses from: Biology (SBI4U), Chemistry (SCH4U), Physics (SPH4U), and 2 additional 4U or 4M courses.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Advanced Functions
- 2 of Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Physics
Two of three 4U high school science courses (i.e. Biology, Chemistry and Physics) are required for admission; completion of all three is highly recommended. Applicants who lack the third science course will take a replacement course in their first semester.
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Computer Based) [min. 250] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 600] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 89] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 70]
|Application Notes : ||To view all accepted English language proficiency standardized tests, please visit: https://admission.uoguelph.ca/englprof
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.