|The Co-op program in Food Science is a five year program, including four work terms. Students must complete a Fall, Winter and Summer work term and must follow the academic work schedule as outlined below (also found on the Co-operative Education website: https://www.recruitguelph.ca/cecs/). Please refer to the Co-operative Education program policy with respect to adjusting this schedule.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||80 to 83
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Applicants are required to have English (ENG4U), Advanced Functions (MHF4U), 2 courses from: Biology (SBI4U), Chemistry (SCH4U), Physics (SPH4U), and 2 additional 4U or 4M courses.
- Grade12 English
- 2 of Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Physics
- Grade12 Advanced Functions
Two of three 4U high school science courses (i.e. Biology, Chemistry and Physics) are required for admission; completion of all three is highly recommended. Applicants who lack the third science course will take a replacement course in their first semester.
Students applying to the University directly from high school will be considered for admission to Co-op. Normally, a minimum average of 80% is required for consideration, but exact cut-offs are determined by the quantity and quality of the applicant pool as well as space available in each program. All students, including International applicants, are encouraged to explore Co-operative Education as an option.
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Computer Based) [min. 250] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 600] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 89] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 70]
|Application Notes : ||To view all accepted English language proficiency standardized tests, please visit: https://admission.uoguelph.ca/englprof
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.