|Combine your strategic and design thinking for a career creating functional spaces.
The Bachelor of Interior Design (Honours) degree program prepares you to pursue a professional career related to the design of the built environment. The curriculum integrates professional and general studies with an emphasis on critical thinking and applied research.
Enriched with a focus on environmental and global perspectives in interior design, you learn to consider ecological, economic and social aspects to analyze and design healthy living and working environments. Projects increase in scale and complexity from residential scale to medium and large scale projects from commercial sectors such as: retail, workplace, hospitality and healthcare.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Applicants are required to have:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent.
- Mature students are applicants who have not achieved the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or its equivalent and who are at least 19 years of age on or before the commencement of the program in which they intend to enroll. Mature students applying for Degree programs satisfy College Eligibility by having demonstrated academic abilities equivalent to those of Ontario high school graduates, verified by successful completion of at least one full-time term at the post-secondary level (minimum five courses taken concurrently in an academic program of study).
Applicants must also have: six Grade 12 university (U) or university/college (M) courses with a minimum 65% average including: one Grade 12 U English course, and one Grade 11 or 12 C Mathematics course (MBF3C, MAP4C or equivalent).
Subject to competition, applicants may be required to present grades/averages at 70%.
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 88]
|Application Notes :
|International applicants must have: IELTS-International English Language Testing Service (Academic) Overall band of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each band; OR TOEFL-Internet-based (iBT)-overall 88, with a minimum of 22 in each component: Reading 22; Listening 22; Speaking 22; Writing 22.
|Additional Admission Requirements:
Applicants applying to the Bachelor of Interior Design program must submit a portfolio of original work showing evidence of creative and technical ability and including an assessment and short written statement. Interested applicants are welcome to address any portfolio-related inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Portfolio submission details can be found on the Algonquin College Additional Admission Requirements website: www.algonquincollege.com/admissionspackages. In addition, applicants will be invited to attend an optional information session for the opportunity to view sample portfolios and student work as well as meet faculty and obtain program details.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.