|Biology in the 21st century is among the most diverse and exciting of the sciences. Many of the challenges we face as a society, from climate change to the development of novel health therapies, involve biological solutions. As a Carleton Biology student, you will gain broad experience through core science courses and options that suit your individual interests and needs.
The Biology department offers Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees, the combined program in Biology and Biotechnology and several interdisciplinary joint programs with other departments and with the College of the Humanities.
The Bachelor of Science in Biology offers Honours, Combined Honours, Major and General programs. A minor program is also available.
Students in the BSc (Honours) program in Biology will have extensive opportunities to learn in lab-based environments and may choose to specialize in one of four concentrations: Physiology; Ecology, Evolution and Behaviour; Molecular and Cellular Biology; and Health Science.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*
|78 to 82
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Calculus and Vectors is strongly recommended.
- 2 of Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Earth and Space Science or Grade12 Physics
- Grade12 Advanced Functions
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 60] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 70] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 86] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.