Ontario Tech University - Graduate Studies
Materials Science (PhD)
|School:||Ontario Tech University - Graduate Studies
|Field of Study:||Materials Science
|Description:||The PhD in Materials Science program is jointly offered between the University of Ontario Institute of Technology and Trent University. Courses are taught by faculty from both institutions via traditional face-to-face instruction augmented by the collaborative implementation of lectures and research meetings at a distance. This will be accomplished using advanced videoconferencing technology (AccessGrid) made possible by the membership of both institutions in the Shared Hierarchical Academic Research Computer Network (SHARCNET) high-performance computing consortium.
The objectives of the PhD in Materials Science program are to allow students to develop an understanding of interdisciplinary materials research with an emphasis on the underlying science, engage students in hands-on materials research, provide students with scientific communications skills and prepare students to continue on in an academic career or in an industrial setting.
|URL:||Materials Science (PhD) at Ontario Tech University - Graduate Studies
|Areas of Research:||Proposed: Materials Chemistry; Materials Physics; Biomaterials; Theoretical and Computational Materials Science.
|Cost per year:*||
Cost is per year, based on 3 terms.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||77
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Completion of a Master of Science (MSc) level degree in Materials Science or related area at a Canadian university, or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- A minimum B+ average (GPA: 3.3 on a 4.3 scale or 77 to 79 per cent).
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
Prior to being accepted into the program, PhD applicants must be accepted by a professor who is willing to act as a supervisor.
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Statement of Research Interests
Please see the checklist of required documents for a list of supporting documentation that must be submitted with your application.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.