|Biology is the study of living organisms, from bacteria and cells to plants and animals. This program teaches concepts spanning from cellular structure and function to the environment and bioinformatics, integrating studies in chemistry, computers and management. You can pursue a paid co-op, participate in industry-oriented research and complete an independent thesis project. Further chances to customize your degree include completing optional specializations in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, Biophysics or Environmental Biology, or an optional designation in Management Science.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||76 to 85
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English (ENG4U) or Grade12 English (EAE4U) or Grade12 English
- Grade12 Advanced Functions
- 2 of Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Physics
ENG4U/EAE4U is the preferred English. Note: the minimum grade(s) required in the subject prerequisites (normally in the 65-70% range) will be determined subject to competition. Completion of all three science courses is recommended. Biology (SBI4U) is strongly recommended.
Applicants educated outside of Ontario must submit evidence of education equivalent to the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) with six Grade 12 U or M courses.
For more information regarding international admissions requirements, please visit: https://www.ryerson.ca/international/admissions/how-to-apply/country-specific/.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.