Specialize your career path - explore geographic science and information systems technology.
The one-year Geographic Information Systems Ontario College Graduate Certificate program provides you with knowledge and skills relating to geographic and cartographic science, with a focal point on information systems technology.
In this program, you use both hands-on and theoretical approaches to explore topics such as:
- field data collection
- remote sensing
- enterprise geo-database design and management
- cloud-based services
- application development
- 2D and 3D cartographic design
- spatial analysis and project management
A key part of this program is the independent project that you begin in your first semester and complete throughout your studies. You identify an area of interest, develop a project proposal, and then implement and complete your project, all in collaboration with an industry or government sponsor.
You also have the opportunity to participate in a paid cooperative education (co-op) work term within the industry and gain valuable experience and contacts for your future career.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Applicants must have a two- or three-year Ontario College Diploma or university degree in a related field, or equivalent with department approval. Programming experience is not a requirement for this program of study; however, applicants are encouraged to acquire basic programming experience prior to the start of the program of study.
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 88]
|Application Notes : ||Applicants with international transcripts must provide proof of the subject specific requirements noted above and may be required to provide proof of language proficiency.
|Additional Admission Requirements:||Applicants may be required to complete the English Language Assessment for Advanced Programs (ELAAP) administered by the Test Centre for which a fee of $50 (subject to change).
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.