|Strengthen your employment opportunities in the expanding field of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) applications with VIU's Advanced GIS diploma program. Almost every field of study has a spatial component and GIS specialists have a range of career opportunities in areas such as forestry, resource management, urban and rural planning, government, banking, transportation and many more.
VIU's GIS Diploma program prepares students to capture, map and analyze geographic data using ArcGIS by ESRI GIS software.Students can choose between an 8-month in class program which also includes a work-study practicum and a 16-month online program.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- University degree or technical diploma from an accredited college or institute.
- Applicants must provide evidence of having completed the following introductory-level courses from an accredited post-secondary institution, preferably within the last three years:
- Geographic Information Systems (equivalent to VIU's GEOG 328).
- Computer literacy, preferably at least one course in Computer Science.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 88] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 60] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 60]
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.