Canadian citizens or permanent residents in Canada are eligible for admission to academic programs if you meet one of the following conditions:
- graduation from a BC secondary school or equivalent with a minimum "C" grade in English 12 or English 12 First Peoples
- previous degree from a recognized university
- visiting student from a college or university (you’ll need a letter of permission from the home institution)
- transfer student from a college or university (at least 24 transferable university-level credits completed)
- mature student: 21 years of age (or will turn 21 during your first semester) and a minimum "C" grade in English 12 or English 12 First Peoples.
Application deadlines vary by program. For detailed information, please visit our website.
Apply online at viu.ca/apply.You must support your application with an official transcript from your high school and any college or university you have attended. Current high school students from British Columbia and the Yukon should provide their Personal Education Number (PEN) and may be required to submit an interim transcript for admission purposes. Other documents or procedures required.
International applicants must complete an international application for admission, which is available online. Students must include in their applications a $150 non-refundable application processing fee, and enclose a certified copy of all educational documents in their original language and translated into English. If available, applicants should include original copies of TOEFL or IELTS results, these results are not required. Learn more.