|Do you dream in style, colour and HGTV? VIU's Bachelor of Interior Design Degree is for passionate creatives looking for an experiential program that covers both the theoretical and practical aspects of interior design.
Taught in studios, labs and in the field through internships, students take their passion for style, interior decorating, texture and aesthetics and turn it into a fun career creating exceptional spaces, designed for everyday living. To learn more about career paths available to graduates, see the Interior Design program website
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 88] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 60] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 60]
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Research Interests
All students seeking enrolment in the Bachelor of Interior Design program must have an interview with the Faculty Selection Committee prior to admission. You must bring the following:
- A 100-300 word written statement on reasons and goals for seeking enrolment in the program and indicating research about the profession;
- A resume;
- A portfolio, including a minimum of 10, maximum of 15, examples of artwork that should include:
- 2 - 3 Original black and white drawings in a variety of media.
- 2 - 3 Original paintings or illustrations in a variety of media demonstrating the use of colour.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.