|York University's Faculty of Education at Glendon offers a Bachelor of Education for future French as a Second Language teachers in a concurrent degree program. It is a concurrent program designed specifically to prepare future French Immersion, Extended French, and Core French teachers in Anglophone school boards. This program addresses a provincial need to prepare additional well-qualified French as a Second Language teachers. Our bilingual campus and excellence in language education provide the ideal setting for this program. Many students report great experiences in the program and find jobs in their field upon graduation. Not only will you be studying how to become a teacher, you’ll be learning how to teach French specifically as a subject, with French immersion placements being what sets us apart. This relevant experience will equip you with the different language learning settings and teaching skills needed to set you apart in the job market after you graduate.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- To meet Glendon's minimum admission requirements for the BA by mid-April;
- Strong written and oral language abilities in both English and French (if you are applying for the BEd French); and
- A strong supplementary application that includes an experience profile, a personal statement, a processing fee, and two online letters of reference.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Computer Based) [min. 220] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 83] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5]
|Application Notes : ||If you’re a current high school student who is studying outside of Ontario, or have completed your High School diploma but haven’t attended a post-secondary institution, please apply through the OUAC on the 105 application. After you apply to a Glendon BA program (i.e. French Studies) and receive a York reference number, please submit the Faculty of Education Direct Entry (Pre Education) Concurrent Form (PDF) by February 1.
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Statement of Research Interests
- Work Experience
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.