|Offered as an Arts or Science degree, Mathematics seeks hidden patterns that help us to understand life and the complex problems that surround us. This discipline of numbers, quantity, and space can be applied to many fields and industries, from Life Science to Finance. Our Mathematics Major has both a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Science option, depending on your area of interest and application. You can also choose to study Mathematical Physics, or combine your Mathematics degree of choice with a degree in Education, Economics, or Physics. This flexibility allows you to focus your education on particular topics starting in first year and graduate as an expert in the field.
As a student in our Department of Mathematics, you will develop advanced analytical and critical thinking skills in addition to:
- Research techniques
- Scholarly writing proficiency
- Comprehensive understanding of mathematical structures
- Mathematical proof formulation and solution skills
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70 to 100
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Completion of the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent high school diploma; A minimum of 6 Grade 12U or M courses, or equivalent, including program specific prerequisite courses. A minimum 70% overall final average. Admission averages are calculated using the top 6 Grade 12 U or M courses. Calculus & Vectors is recommended
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 60] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 58] or Cambridge English for Speakers of Other Languages: Certificate in Advanced English [min. 176] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5]
|Application Notes : ||For a full listing of English Language Proficiency Requirements and accepted tests with minimum scores, please visit:
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.