Lakehead University - Thunder Bay
|School:||Lakehead University - Thunder Bay
|Faculty:||Science and Environmental Studies
|Field of Study:||Mathematics, General
|Description:||Mathematics seeks hidden patterns that help us to understand life and the complex problems that surround us. This discipline of numbers, quantity, and space can be applied to many fields and industries, from Life Science to Finance.
As a student in our Department of Mathematics, you will develop advanced analytical and critical thinking skills in addition to:
- Research techniques
- Scholarly writing proficiency
- Comprehensive understanding of mathematical structures
- Mathematical proof formulation and solution skills
|URL:||Mathematics (BSc) at Lakehead University - Thunder Bay
|Cost per year:*||
The tuition cost estimate is for Year 1 of the program.
|Careers:||Mathematicians, Statisticians and Actuaries||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70 to 100
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Advanced Functions
- Grade12 Calculus and Vectors or Grade12 Mathematics of Data Management
Completion of the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent high school diploma. A minimum of 6 Grade 12U or M courses, or equivalent, including program specific prerequisite courses. A minimum 70% overall final average. Admission averages are calculated using the top 6 Grade 12 U or M courses.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 550] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80] or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery [min. 85] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Computer Based) [min. 213] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5]
- Michigan English Language Assessment Battery [min. 85]
Applicants whose first language is not English will need to satisfy Lakehead University’s English language proficiency requirements. Applicants can complete one of the following recognized language tests with the required minimum scores: TOEFL PBT-550, CBT-213, or iBT-80; IELTS-6.5; MELAB-85; CAEL-60.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.