|Explore professional techniques to inspire and refine your baking artistry.
Using a combination of applied learning and theory, this one-year Baking and Pastry Arts Ontario College Certificate program gives you a strong foundation in baking and pastry arts. Gain hands-on experience in baking, cake decorating and shop management in our industry-standard baking and pastry labs - learning from professional chefs.
As a student, you get to show your creative side in the labs. You learn essential techniques such as mixing dough, weighing ingredients, preparing batters and icings, and cake decorating. To expand your job options, you learn skills related to the daily operation of a bakery, such as inventory control and food cost percentages.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent. Applicants with an OSSD showing senior English and/or Mathematics courses at the Basic Level, or with Workplace or Open courses, will be tested to determine their eligibility for admission; OR
- Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) certificate; OR
- General Educational Development (GED) certificate; OR
- Mature Student status (19 years of age or older and without a high school diploma at the start of the program). Eligibility may be determined by academic achievement testing for which a fee of $50 (subject to change) will be charged.
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.0] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80]
|Application Notes : ||International applicants must provide proof of the subject specific requirements noted above along with proof of either: (IELTS / TOEFL) IELTS-International English Language Testing Service (Academic) Overall band of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each band; OR TOEFL-Internet-based (iBT)-overall 80, with a minimum of 20 in each component: Reading 20; Listening 20; Speaking 20; Writing 20.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.