|Turn your curiosity into a career as a factual storyteller who serves our communities.
The two-year Journalism Ontario College Diploma program equips you with the versatile creative and technical skills you need to report and research accurate stories for readers, listeners and viewers. Alongside experienced, industry-connected faculty, you develop the core journalistic skills required to report on your areas of interest. These may include people, current affairs or specialized sectors like sports, the environment, social justice, entertainment or gaming.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Applicants must have:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent. Applicants with an OSSD showing senior English and/or Mathematics courses at the Basic Level, or with Workplace or Open courses, will be tested to determine their eligibility for admission; OR
- Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) certificate; OR
- General Educational Development (GED) certificate; OR
- Mature Student status (19 years of age or older and without a high school diploma at the start of the program). Eligibility may be determined by academic achievement testing for which a fee of $50 (subject to change) will be charged.
Applicants must also have English, Grade 12 (ENG4C or equivalent) with a grade of 70% or higher.
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 88]
|Application Notes : ||International applicants must have an IELTS-International English Language Testing Service (Academic) overall band of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each band; OR TOEFL-Internet-based (iBT)-overall 88, with a minimum of 22 in each component: Reading 22; Listening 22; Speaking 22; Writing 22.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.