|Faculty:||Algonquin Centre for Construction Excellence
|Field of Study:||Electrical, Electronic and Comm. Engin. Tech./Technician
|Description:||The two-year Electrical Engineering Technician Ontario College Diploma program provides you with the essential knowledge and skills sought by employers in the industry. Develop skills in the design, installation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems from cable loops, phone and fire suppression systems to robotics and machinery. At the end of the second term, there is an opportunity to take a co-op work placement. During your co-op, you can network with industry professionals and gain work experience that better prepares you for a career as an electrical engineering technician.
Through a series of theory courses and extensive practical labs, you learn to use scientific and engineering principles, including:
- foundation of electrical principles, codes and regulations,
- how to design, install and troubleshoot electromagnetic controls, electrical machinery and programmable controllers
- the different instrumentation options available and the applicable use for them
- an understanding of robotics and controls as well as industrial telecommunications
- critical thinking skills and an understanding of the environmental impact of technology
- AutoCAD and applications
- the different infrastructure requirements of distributed electrical systems or fire alarm system codes and standards, installation and maintenance
- fundamentals of mathematics, calculus, technical communications for engineers, programming and computer applications
- project management and leadership skills
|Cost per year:*||
Tuition and related ancillary fees for this program can be viewed by using the Tuition and Fees Estimator tool at www.algonquincollege.com/fee-estimator.