|The Bachelor of Medical Sciences (BMSc) degrees are four-year undergraduate degrees offered jointly by the Faculty of Science and the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry. You are registered as a Medical Sciences student in Years 1 and 2, and apply to the BMSc Program when you enter Year 3. In the BMSc program, you will study basic medical sciences and focus on all aspects of biology that define and influence the human condition. Emphasis is placed on understanding the normal human condition, mechanisms of current treatment and the search for cures.
In the BMSc program, you will be able to specialize in the following areas of study:
• Epidemiology and Biostatistics
• Interdisciplinary Medical Sciences (IMS)
• Medical Biophysics
• Medical Cell Biology
• Medical Bioinformatics
• Microbiology and Immunology
• One Health
• Physiology and Pharmacology
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
• First year Biology, Chemistry and Calculus courses require Biology SBI4U, Chemistry SCH4U, and Calculus and Vectors MCV4U, respectively.
- Grade12 English (ENG4U)
- Grade12 Calculus and Vectors
- Grade12 Biology
- Grade12 Chemistry
• First year Biology, Chemistry and Calculus courses are required for all modules offered by Medical Sciences
• Physics (SPH4U)
Please note that all course prerequisites pertain to an Ontario curriculum. For curricula in other parts of Canada or international countries, please refer to our Admissions Requirements website.
|Application Notes : ||View our English Language Proficiency Requirements for more information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.