|Gain the skills to make a difference with the Bachelor of Science (General) degree program at CapU. This four-year bachelor degree program under the Faculty of Arts & Sciences offers cutting edge science courses, lab work and research projects.
Develop a strong background in research, with hands-on lab experience, practical field work, and collaboration with community partners to access in-demand jobs and prepare for post-graduate school study.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
English is the language of instruction at CapU. All applicants are required to demonstrate competence in the English language prior to admission. If English is not your first language or you've received your education in a language other than English, you must meet our English Language Requirements.
- Grade12 English or Grade12 First Nations Studies
- Grade11 Precalculus
- Grade11 Chemistry
- Grade11 Biology or Grade11 Physics
- High school graduation
- A minimum grade point average of 2.0 (60%) calculated in English Studies 12 or English 12 or English First Peoples 12 and two academic Grade 12 courses.
- Pre-calculus 11 (A) or
- Pre-calculus 12 (C+) or
- Math Placement Test (Pre-calculus MPT) or
- MATH 097 (C-) or
- MATH 096 (C-) OR
- BMTH 044 (B)
- Chemistry 11 or
- CHEM 030 or
- CHEM 130 or
- BCHM 044
- One course from one of the following disciplines:
- Anatomy and Physiology 12 (C+) or
- BIOL 104 (C+) or
- BIOL 106 (C+) and BIOL 107 (C+) or
- BBIO 054 (C+)
- Chemistry 12 (C+) or
- CHEM 101 (C+) or
- BCHM 054 (C+)
- Physics 12 (C+) or
- PHYS 104 (C+) or
- BPHY 054 (C+)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 83] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 70] or DuoLingo [min. 110] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 56]
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
Current Grade 12 students can be conditionally accepted based on final Grade 11 grades or interim Grade 12 grades. Students can upload proof of grades (e.g. unofficial transcripts, copies of report cards) through EducationPlannerBC when applying to Capilano University. Final acceptance will be based on high school graduation and having met the program specific requirements.
Note: All B.C. applicants must release their grades to CapU via the BC Ministry of Education at Student Transcripts Services (STS). Please do this as soon as possible.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.