The joint degrees in Music (B.Mus) and Business Adminsitration (B.B.A) is a comprehensive, integrated program in both music and business. This 5-year joint degrees program is designed to give students the musicianship, knowledge, skills and business acumen they need to forge their careers in music and further afield. Upon completion of the program, students earn two degrees ? a Bachelor of Music and Bachelor of Business Administration. Entrance to the program is by audition. Instruction is available on all major orchestral and band instruments including: winds, brass, strings, percussion as well as voice, piano, organ, harpsichord, and classical guitar.
You may choose to focus your music courses in one of the following areas:
- General Music
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
All applicants must first meet the basic admission requirements for Memorial University, and then be admitted to the bachelor of music program. The admission process includes an audition on the candidate's principal applied instrument. Admission decisions are made with particular emphasis on an applicant's audition and their academic performance.
- Data Management or Advanced Functions or Calculus and Vectors
- Biology or Chemistry or Physics or Earth and Space Science
- Social Science or International Languages
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 79] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 58] or DuoLingo [min. 115] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 50-60]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.