|The joint degrees of bachelor of commerce (co-operative) (B.Comm. (Co-op)) and bachelor of arts (BA) can be completed in five years, although careful planning is required. Some of the normal degree requirements have been relaxed in order to complete both programs in a minimum of 150 credit hours and graduate with both degrees at the same convocation.
This program is designed to provide students with valuable work experience to complement knowledge learned in the classroom. The co-operative component alternates academic study terms with periods of full-time employment, equating to one full year of work experience.
These work terms may be in industry, government or other organizations and give students an opportunity to apply classroom learning while developing professional networks and gaining valuable, practical experience for today’s business environment. With a 100% placement rate for co-operative business work terms, graduates of the program gain a diverse set of skills and abilities that make them sought after employees.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
You may apply for admission into the first year (Terms A/B) of the B.Comm. (Co-op) directly from high school. To apply, indicate the Faculty of Business Administration as your faculty and the B.Comm. (Co-op) Terms A/B as your program of study in the appropriate place on the undergraduate application for admission. Direct entry into the faculty from high school is subject to meeting the general admission requirements for Memorial University and admissibility into Mathematics 1000, 1090 or 109A/B.
- Data Management or Advanced Functions or Calculus and Vectors
- Biology or Chemistry or Physics or Earth and Space Science
- Social Science or International Languages
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 79] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 58] or DuoLingo [min. 115] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 50-60]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.