|If you are contemplating becoming a teacher, then consider teaching French as a Second Language (FSL). The number of FSL programs in Canada has grown considerably over the last five years, and the demand for FSL teachers continues to increase every year.
The French Immersion Option is available in the Bachelor of Education (Primary/Elementary) Second Degree Program. Students accepted into this option will have a major in French and will have studied/worked in a French milieu for a period of 8 weeks. Students must also pass the DELF B2 with a 70% average and no less than 60% in any one component before being accepted into the program. A number of Education courses in this program option will be conducted in French.
This degree program is a second degree program designed to prepare teachers of kindergarten through grade six. Students accepted into this program will have a first degree with a focus area in an acceptable subject area. Students must also pass the DELF B2 with a 70% average and no less than 60% in any one component before being accepted into the program.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Admission to this option will be competitive and based on overall academic performance and demonstrated commitment, in the personal statement, to studies in French and French Education. Applicants who are unable to fulfill the eight week immersion requirements will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- 3 of English or Psychology or French
- 2 of Mathematics or Calculus
- 3 of Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Earth and Space Science or Grade12 Physics
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 58] or DuoLingo [min. 115] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 50-60] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 50-60]
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.