|The French language is more than a thousand years old and has created one of Europe's greatest cultures. Much of the world's finest philosophy, cinema, history, science and literature are in French. French is one of Canada's official languages and is indispensable for anyone seeking a national career in any field. Having a second (or third!) language is a huge asset in an increasingly competitive global marketplace.
All students majoring in French are required to participate in an immersion experience. Study abroad opportunities include the Frecker Program in Saint-Pierre-et-Miquelon, the Canadian third-year in Nice, and the Université de Bretagne Sud.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
You may apply for admission into the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences by indicating bachelor of arts as your program choice on the undergraduate application for admission. Direct entry into the faculty is subject to your meeting the general admission requirements for Memorial University.
- Data Management or Advanced Functions or Calculus and Vectors
- Biology or Chemistry or Physics or Earth and Space Science
- Social Science or International Languages
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 79] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 58] or DuoLingo [min. 115] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 50-60]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.