(NOC 1235)


You must have a high school diploma. You usually need a college diploma, a university degree or other courses related to your field in combination with extensive experience / training in your field. To be an assessor, valuator, appraiser or insurance underwriter, you may need accreditation or professional recognition from a professional association. Many recent entrants have a trade/vocational certificate or community college diploma, and almost 3 in 10 have an undergraduate university degree.

Degrees Associated with This Career


Useful Experience/Skills

Computer literacy
Data analysis
Record keeping

Useful Secondary School Subjects

A second language

Algonquin College
Ottawa, Ontario, CA

Related Program(s):
Cyber Security Analysis Certificate; Co-op
Request Info
Bow Valley College
Calgary, Alberta, CA

Related Program(s):
Business Administration Diploma: Insurance and Risk Management Diploma; Online; University Transfer
Request Info
University of Regina
Regina, Saskatchewan, CA

Related Program(s):
Diploma in Computer Science Diploma
Request Info
Conestoga College
Kitchener, Ontario, CA

Related Program(s):
Business - Insurance Diploma; Co-op
Business - Insurance Diploma
Request Info
Vancouver Island University
Nanaimo, British Columbia, CA

Related Program(s):
Computer Science Diploma
Request Info
view all
Modified on May 15, 2012