Administrators - Post-Secondary Education and Vocational Training

(NOC 312)


To be a faculty administrator/dean, you need a graduate degree in a field related to your academic faculty and several years' experience as a university professor or college teacher.

To be a registrar, you need an undergraduate degree in business administration or a related field and several years' registration administration experience.

To be an administrator of a vocational training school, you usually need an undergraduate degree in business administration or certification in a subject of instruction.

With experience, you may move up the ranks to become a senior manager, however there is no mobility among the administrative positions in this group.

Most recent entrants have an undergraduate university degree, and almost 1 in 5 has a graduate degree.

Degrees Associated with This Career


Useful Experience/Skills

Entrepreneurship skills
Business management
Communication skills

Useful Secondary School Subjects

English (Communication)
Computer-related courses

University of Guelph-Humber
Toronto, Ontario, CA

Related Program(s):
Early Childhood Studies Bachelor; Honours
Request Info
University of East London - Graduate Programs
London, England, GB

Related Program(s):
Leadership in Education Master
Request Info
University of South Wales - Graduate Programs
Pontypridd, Wales, GB

Related Program(s):
MA Leadership & Management (Education) Master
Request Info
Northeastern University - Graduate Programs
Boston, Massachusetts, US

Related Program(s):
Higher Education Administration Master; Online
Request Info
view all
Modified on May 11, 2012