SUNY University at Stony Brook

Label Label Label

Requirements for Canadian Students

An international student is a person who requires an F-1 visa to study in the United States. All international students will complete either a first year or transfer application. There is no separate international application.

  • First year students or freshman are those still in high school or have completed high school but have not attended college after high school.
  • Transfer students are anyone who, after high school graduation, has enrolled in university-level courses either in the US or another country.

Academic Year

Type of SystemSemester
Entrance DatesJanuary, August
Language of InstructionEnglish
Modified on March 23, 2022