Students require one of the following qualifications for entry into year one of an undergraduate degree:
• Successful completion of a recognised International Foundation Course
• Between 27 and 34 International Baccalaureate (IB) points depending on the course you wish to apply for. Specific information on IB requirements can be found on individual undergraduate course pages.
• Successful completion of High School (please refer to specific grade requirements based on province / territory below) in addition to English Language and Maths at Grade 11.
• Applicants will require a senior secondary graduation diploma with at least 5 B’s in acceptable grade 12 courses (some courses may require applicants to have studied specific subjects).
• Applicants will require a General High School Diploma with 70% in five acceptable grade 12 subjects.
• Applicants require Grade 12 Standing/Division IV (Secondary School Diploma) awarded with an average of at least 70% in five acceptable subjects.
• Applicants will require a High School Graduation Diploma with five credits awarded at 300 level in at least four subject areas (with at least 70% achieved in each of these areas).
• Applicants will require Ontario Academic Courses (OACs) with six passes (three at grade B and three at grade C) OR an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) awarded at advanced level (with six Grade 12 U, U/C or M courses including Grade 12 U English).
• Applicants holding a Diplome d'Etudes Collegiales (DEC) will be considered for entry on to the first year of a bachelor degree programme.
Advanced Entry (Undergraduate)
Depending on your academic background and intended course of study, it may be possible to apply for advanced entry into year 2 or 3 of a University of Lincoln undergraduate course.
For direct entry into year 2 of a Bachelor degree, students are required to have:
• An Associate Degree or;
• Two years of a Canadian Bachelor degree
To be considered for direct entry into year 3 of a Bachelor degree at Lincoln, prospective students must have completed three years of a Canadian Bachelor degree.
Post graduate entry
Postgraduate Taught (e.g. MA/MSc)
Canadian Bachelor degree with a minimum GPA of 2.7 (out of 4). Please note that some programmes may require a GPA of 3.0 (out of 4). Specific information on postgraduate entry requirements can be found on the individual programme page.
Postgraduate Research (e.g. MPhil/PhD)
Postgraduate Research opportunities at the University of Lincoln range from MRes and MA by Research to MPhil / PhD. For further information on entry requirements please visit the individual subject pages.
English Language Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent qualification with a grade C or above in English language.
Students who do not meet the above English language requirements may be eligible for entry onto a Pre Sessional English and Academic Study Skills (PEASS) course. Further information regarding English language requirements and Pre Sessional Courses can be found on our English Requirements page.