La Trobe University

Label Label Label

Requirements for Canadian Students

Undergraduate Entrance Requirements: Students must hold qualifications, which are deemed equivalent to an Australian Year 12 Higher School Certificate such as a completed high school diploma. Study abroad students are required to have achieved a GPA of at least 2.5 or equivalent unless you are applying directly from high school where the requirements are the same as the undergraduate course, which most closely matches your study abroad program. Postgraduate Entrance Requirements: At least a completed bachelor degree or equivalent.

Procedure for Canadian Students

All students must first meet the University's academic and English language requirements before they can commence any undergraduate or postgraduate course. When you accept an offer to study at the University, you must also meet Australian Government requirements for permission to enter and study in Australia. You must allow a minimum of four to six weeks to obtain your student visa and make your travel arrangements. If you already have a student visa, you can apply for entry to semester one courses until mid-January. If you do not have a student visa, you should apply by December at the latest. For July entry, you should submit your application by the end of May at the latest. Applications can be obtained on the La Trobe University Web site or through AustraLearn

Academic Year

Type of SystemSemester
Entrance DatesJanuary, February, March, July
Notes:January (Summer School) February (some Semester 1 postgraduate courses) March (Semester 1) July (Semester 2) La Trobe University academic calendar is available at
Language of InstructionEnglish
Modified on September 07, 2005