Thompson Rivers University

Label Label Label
Save Request Info

Requirements for Canadian Students

TRU programs generally require BC high school graduation or equivalent. Exceptions to this requirement will be indicated in the program specific admission requirements. You may be considered to have the equivalent of BC high school graduation for admission purposes if you have completed:

  • the BC Adult Graduation (Adult Dogwood) diploma, or previously the ABE Provincial diploma
  • the General Education Diploma (GED)
  • In some circumstances, certain programs may accept students without high school graduation under mature student status.

    Procedure for Canadian Students

    To apply: 1. Visit, and select Undergraduate Studies, Graduate Studies, International Students, or Open Learning.
    2. Sign up for an EducationPlannerBC account and create a TRU application.
    3. Pay the application fee with a credit card ($29.25).
    4. Send official transcripts for all secondary and post-secondary studies completed. If you are still in high school, send an interim transcript showing courses completed to date and future planned courses through the Student Transcript Service.
    5. Send any supporting documents that are required for your specific program.

    Application deadlines vary by program. For more information, visit

    Academic Year

    Type of SystemSemester
    Entrance DatesJanuary, May, September
    Language of InstructionEnglish
    Modified on July 30, 2019