Applicants from outside Canada will be considered for admission upon presentation of an academic high school program similar to the Alberta program.
Those applicants whose native language is not English are required to demonstrate their proficiency, regardless of their academic qualifications, by one of the following:
1. Three years of formal, full-time study in a Canadian secondary or post-secondary institution with accepted English proficiency or a similar institution outside of Canada approved by the University.
2. 75% on the Alberta ELA 30-1 Diploma Examination (not the blended grade) or 80% on Alberta ELA 30-1 (blended grade), or the equivalent course from other Canadian provinces.
3. International Baccalaureate Higher Level English with a minimum grade of 6.0.
4. Advanced Placement English with a grade of 5.0.
5. ENGL 214 (or equivalent) with a grade of B- (Alpha 4.00 scale).
6. Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) Assessment with a minimum score of 70.
7. International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a score of 6.5, 5.0 on each band.
8. Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) with a score of 90.
9. Completion of the ASPECT program to level 7.
10. Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE): An overall score of at least 59.
11. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) internet based 86 (with a minimum score of 21 on each of the four tested areas).
12.A passing grade in an English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program which is accepted as a means of satisfying English Language Proficiency by another recognized Canadian university, and whose English Language Proficiency requirement is at least as demanding as is that of The King's University.
13. King's administered English Language Studies Assessment Test (ELSAT) with an acceptable score.
SAT, ACT and GCE scores should be submitted if available.