Individual courses may have differing sets of entry requirements. Find the specific entry requirements on your chosen course’s webpage by searching UAL’s course listings.
If English isn’t your first language, visit our English language entry requirements information page for details on required IELTS scores.
Application to a postgraduate degree courses usually requires:
- An undergraduate (bachelor's) degree in a subject related to your proposed area of study
- two references
- A personal statement
- A study proposal (where needed)
- Portfolio (where needed)
- work experience (where needed)
Entry onto some courses may also depend on an interview at application stage. Take a look at our portfolio advice videos before applying. See more about requirements for Canadian students on our Canada page.
The application process will depend on the course you’ve chosen. Your course page on the UAL website includes all the details you need on how to apply, including:
- entry requirements - grades, qualifications, experience, skills, English language
- how to apply - different ways to apply
- documents you'll need - like portfolios, references or qualifications
- application deadlines - the date you need to apply by
- help and support - how UAL can support you
- fees and funding - the cost of your course and where you can get funding.
UAL also offers further application advice for international students.
If you would like to apply to multiple undergraduate courses at more than one university in the UK, you should apply through UCAS (the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service).