GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
- A four year undergraduate degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum B standing (73%) in the final year of university study, or most recent 10 half credit university degree courses.
- Evidence of strong quantitative skills, normally by the successful completion of the GMAT test with a score of 550 or higher. The GMAT is mandatory for all students who have completed their previous degrees outside of Canada.
- Letters of reference. Normally one academic reference and two professional, or all three professional with more than five years of work experience.
- Applicants whose language of instruction during the undergraduate degree was other than English must furnish evidence of proficiency in English prior to admission. A minimum score of 573 paper-based, 100 internet-based (with minimum skills scores of 21 in each of the four skills sets), on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or its equivalent is required.
- At least two years of full-time work experience.
TO COMPLETE THE LAURIER MBA ADMISSIONS PROCESS YOU MUST PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- Application Summary: Submit the printed pdf Application Summary available from the online application.
- Personal Information: Fill out the Personal Information Form & MBA.
- Resume of your Academic and Work Experience: Your resume should account for all periods of time. Indicate if employment is full or part-time, and whether it is managerial.
- Official Transcripts and Degree Certificates: Where applicable, for all undergraduate and graduate programs (more information on transcripts). Applicants presenting international credentials must provide literal translations and an official credential assessment (more information).
- Completed Reference Forms: These forms will be produced for you when you create your online application. Three references are required. If you have graduated in the last five years, at least one reference must be academic and two must be professional. If you graduated more than five years ago all three of your references may be professional (more information).
- Evidence of Quantitative Skills: Normally this is demonstrated by a minimum score of 550 on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT).The GMAT requirement may be waived with evidence of quantitative skills normally shown by successful completion of a current (within the last five years) university-level course in calculus or statistics with a grade of B+ (77%) or better (only considered if all other admission requirements are met or exceeded). GMAT is recommended to strengthen an application. GMAT is mandatory for all applicants who have completed their previous degrees outside of Canada. A GMAT score of 600 or better is mandatory for all applicants to the MBA co-op option.
- Video Interview: By random selection, you may be requested to complete a video interview to complement you hard-copy application. If you are selected to complete a video interview the MBA Program Office will contact you directly.