Canadian Citizens or landed immigrants with permanent resident status or a study permit are eligible to apply to the Yukon School of Visual Arts. Prospective students must meet the criteria in one of the following categories :
Completion of high school with Grade 12 academic graduation and Grade 12 English (minimum 70%) OR a Language Proficiency Index (LPI) test (minimum Level 4). Mature student status with an acceptable score on GED or CAT, or similar diagnostic test, obtained within the previous two years, as well as suitable score on either College Writing assessment or Language Proficiency Index test.
The Yukon School of Visual Arts requests that the following materials be included in your application package:
1. Application Form
2. Complete the official Yukon SOVA Application Form
3. Statement of Intent
4. A 250-500 word statement with regard to the following questions :
5. Transcripts - Official sealed and signed transcripts must be sent directly from all previously attended secondary or post-secondary institutions by post only.
6. Letter of Recommendation - Please submit one letter of recommendation from a teacher, a mentor, a professional artist, or an elder, stating their relationship to you and why they think you should be accepted into this program. Letters of recommendation may be sent electronically or by post.
7. Portfolio Submission & Portfolio Assignments Submission - The Yukon School of Visual Arts requires a visual art portfolio and two portfolio assignments from all applicants. All submissions must be in a digital format; do not submit artwork in its original form. Please see Portfolio Requirements for more detailed information and instructions.