Students eligible for regular admission to Santa Monica College must be 18 years of age or older or must possess either: (1) a high school diploma from a U.S. regionally accredited or from a foreign high school; (2) a GED; (3) a California High School Certificate of Proficiency (CHSPE); or the equivalent (i.e., a HiSET score report; a TASC [Test Assessing Secondary Completion] score report).
International applications must include:
- Sponsor's Official Bank Statement to demonstrate you can meet SMC's estimated tuition and living expenses.
- A copy of your passport information and expiration page.
- Records from the last school attended. If the school was a college, university, or high school within the US, official transcripts must be sent directly from the awarding institution to the International Education Center at SMC. US transcripts must show a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Proof of English proficiency.
- A personal essay (must be at least 500 words) explaining your reason(s) for applying to Santa Monica College.