Applicants to North Island College must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, a landed immigrant or their dependent, or those participating in international reciprocal transfer agreements, such as visiting armed forces personnel based at a Canadian Forces base and be 18 years of age or older. Underage applicants may be admitted if they turn 18 before the end of the first calendar year of their post-secondary studies and have completed high school. Underage applicants who have not graduated high school may request special admission by contacting their local campus and requesting an appointment with a counsellor.
General Admission Requirements
- All applicants must be 18 years of age and high school graduates.
- Applicants to English as a Second Language should be working at a minimum intermediate level of English.
- NIC establishes individual academic and other requirements for each program area. Generally all applicants need high school level English to be admitted into our post-secondary programs. Other program requirements including math, sciences, or portfolios are outlined in our calendar.
- Please e-mail us for admissions information.
1. Obtain an application for admission form from any college campus or a centre, print one from North Island College Web site or submit an electronic application via the Post Secondary Application Service of British Columbia.
2. Accurately complete and sign the application for admission form. Incomplete forms will be returned.
3. Attach supporting documents and application fee ($25.00 one time, non-refundable) where applicable. Applications and documents become the property of North Island College. If requested at the time of application, irreplaceable documents may be returned after copies have been made. Official transcripts must be provided in sealed envelopes.
4. Submit your completed application for admission form with the required documents via mail, by fax, or in person.
- NIC accepts applications at any time. We encourage you to submit your application early to ensure there is a space available. Please consider the time to apply for your study permit from the Canadian government.
- Complete an application form available on our Web site and send it to our International Office with the application fee.
- Please send relevant academic transcripts in envelopes sealed at the issuing institution.