A bachelor's degree with a strong science background is a medical school prerequisite. Below are the required courses for med school.
- Biology: 1 year (8 credit hours)
- General Chemistry: 1 year (8 credit hours)
- Organic Chemistry: 1 year (8 credit hours)
- General Physics*: 1 semester (4 credit hours)
- All courses include laboratory time
* Statistics or Calculus can be substituted for Physics.
* Biochemistry can be used to substitute for Organic Chemistry.
Since English is the language of instruction at Fanshawe College, it is essential that students have an adequate working knowledge of written and spoken English. Evidence of their ability must be submitted as part of the application process. For a student with English as a second language, a minimum TOEFL score of 550 is acceptable. TOEFL results must have been achieved within 12 months of applying to college. For Nursing and Medical Radiation Technology, a minimum TOEFL score of 570 is acceptable.
Our international programs attract students from such countries as Spain, France, Italy, Switzerland, Japan, Hong Kong, Thailand, Korea, the People's Republic of China, Taiwan, Mexico, Columbia, Brazil, Lebanon, Jordan, United Arab Emirates and the USA.