WOMEN IN CYBERSECURITY SCHOLARSHIP
ESET is committed to the progress of women in the field of cybersecurity.
$10,000 in scholarships
Two $5,000 scholarships will be awarded to two graduate/undergraduate women pursuing a career in cybersecurity.
ESET is committed to closing the gender gap in Cybersecurity
Since 2015, ESET North America has empowered women pursuing a career in cybersecurity with funds to achieve their dreams. We have encountered phenomenal, driven women who are passionate about being the future of cybersecurity.
In its 2022 Cybersecurity Workforce Study, (ISC)2 found the field remains predominantly male, with women representing less than a quarter of the workers. While the number of women in the field is technically increasing, there is still a long way to go.
How do I qualify for the scholarship?
- You must be enrolled in or accepted to an accredited college or university in Canada. (The graduate/undergraduate program does not have to be a “cybersecurity” program; however, in your application, you should make clear that you aspire to have a career in the cybersecurity industry.)
- You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident with a permanent resident ID card.
What is the deadline for submission?
Submissions will be accepted from March 8, 2023 - April 7, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET. ESET will announce the winners in May 2023.
How do I apply?
Applicants must fill out the form on our website and have the following documents (PDF) ready to upload:
- A copy of an unofficial transcript or acceptance letter as proof of enrollment.
- One letter of recommendation signed by the recommending party.
- Personal essay of 500-700 words written in English or French answering the following prompt: Why are you pursuing a career in STEM, and what are your career goals? If you were to receive the scholarship, what steps would you take to "pay it forward" for other women pursuing careers in the space?
- Finalists may be required to supply additional personal or professional references.
- Judging is conducted by a panel of ESET staff including cybersecurity experts.
- Finalists will be asked to provide a photo of themselves, which may be used for promotional purposes.
- Immediate family members or dependents of ESET employees are not eligible to participate.
If you are not eligible to apply for this scholarship, we encourage you to share this opportunity with your loved ones and colleagues.
Questions? Email us at CAemail@example.com and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.