The Villa Charities Scholarship Program provides financial support to Undergraduate and Graduate level students of any heritage, who believe in and help further Villa Charities' mission to enrich lives through experiences and services that honour Italian culture and heritage.
In 2020, eight students were awarded scholarships independently through the Villa Charities Scholarship Program and four students in partnership with George Brown College for the Architecture Technology Program. To learn more about these students, please click here.
Awards of $5,000 (to be used for tuition only) will be presented to each of four (4) full-time Graduate student(s) at an accredited Canadian university or college with the following criteria:
- Registered in a Graduate program
- Have a GPA of 3.5+. See Terms and Conditions (pdf) for additional requirements.
- Students must be Canadian citizens or have permanent-residence status
- Online application and supporting documentation submitted by the April 25, 2021 deadline (late applications will not be considered)
- Demonstrates leadership qualities through various means such as volunteer community service
- Exhibits passion in their field of study. Preference given to students who demonstrate special interest in Italian heritage and culture as part of their program of study, such as through a co-op, internship, and/or an applied research project.
- Written essay (500 words) describing how they help further Villa Charities' mission: to enrich lives through experiences and services that honour Italian culture and heritage.
In the subject line of your email, please include the name of the scholarship you are applying to:
The Villa Charities Graduate Student Scholarship